AboutCPPSP (C++ Server Pages) is an open source web application framework similar to ASP.NET. It features a template parser that parses, compiles, and loads CPPSP pages automatically at runtime. CPPSP pages have a very similar syntax to ASP and ASP.NET, where all code is considered HTML by default, and server-side active code can be embedded using "<% ... %>".
CPPSP is built upon the CPoll asynchronous I/O and utility library, which offers simple I/O abstraction, network abstraction, memory management, and container classes.
CPPSP can either run as its own web server, or run under socketd. It can also be used as an embedded web server. FastCGI support may be added in the future. Main development happens on github at:
CPPSP currently only supports linux (due to the use of epoll). A windows port will be considered in the future.
StatusThe latest released branch is 1.0.
- Automatic parsing and compiling of pages. Just copy a .cppsp file into your www directory, and it is instantly accessible. No need to manually compile CPPSP pages.
- Automatic re-compilation. Make a modification to a .cppsp file, and the changes will show up in your browser immediately after refresh.
- Simple syntax and API similar to ASP.NET
- SocketD web server multiplexer allows you to share the same port (usually 80) with multiple cppsp web application hosts, and even between cppsp and another web server (lighttpd, nginx, ...). SocketD supports hostname and request URI matching, but request URI matching does not work well with HTTP keep-alive.
- Modules API allows you to extend the functionality of the web server. The "www" directory included in this tarball includes a few example modules, including one that adds directory listing functionality.
- ARM support